Monday, October 6, 2008

snowmobile

Yesterday I was checking out the perimeter and stumbled across something I had not seen before. I have been through these woods up and down, every which way, I thought I had the whole place scoped out. About a mile from the cabin, in the thickest of pine forest I found a snowmobile. It had been there for quite a while. The faint yellow fiberglass nose was buried half in dirt, moss and pine needles, the rest of it lay mostly under a heavy limb that looked recent. The seat, a blackish vinyl, was completely deteriorated and it looked as though the foam was scavenged by mice. The metal track and ski were rusty but solid. How did this thing get here? I searched around for the whole afternoon looking for some sort of evidence of a person. I found nothing. I'll go back out in a few days and take another look. I am also considering salvaging the snowmobile. I will never be able to get it to run but I can use some of the parts for fabricating tools. My consciousness needs to be consoled by finding the rider.

No comments: