Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Bitter December

Bitter, bitter cold this morning. I rose from bed and stoked the fire in the cabin and began my breakfast. Today I'm out to build some winter shelters, probably will get one or two done today. The old mare is stiff and cold, her days are numbered. I wish she could have passed before the frost. I hate to think of what the coyotes are going to do to her if I lay her out in the forest. I considered taking her meat and smoking it for the winter, but she is too old and honestly I don't think theres enough meat left on her for it to be worth the effort. Though her hide would be prize in making a new coat or chaps, maybe even a blanket. Anyway, I am in terrible pain from the cold, got to keep moving to take my mind off of it. Expecting brother in a couple weeks, as long as the snow doesn't get too heavy.

No comments: